Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thirty Six

Thirty Six.  Sound old?

At first, I began dreading my pending birthday.  Ugh, one more nail in the coffin as my lovely hubby would say.

But then I began to put it into perspective.  There are people in my life that I have lost.  People that would probably love to have another Birthday.  Another day to hold their partner or child.  Their sister or best friend.

How lucky am I that I get to continue to this live this amazing life I have been granted.

Thirty Six.

Thirty Six was the age my mother was when she was killed.  Killed late one night, unassuming and unprepared.

Thirty Six.  Sounds freakin' young now doesn't it.  How young she was to be taken.  How much more life she had to live.  How much she has now missed out on.

So instead of getting all grouchy that I am getting older, or that my hair is really starting to grey, or that I can't drink like I used to.  I remember that I am truly lucky to be here.  Every day and every minute.  You never know when your time is up.



No comments:

Post a Comment