Monday, January 16, 2012

HOLY COLD BATMAN!




So, of course Rob and I knew it would be snowy and cold here in Vermont, but I don't think I really knew what I was getting into.  I am from Alaska so I wasn't too worried about the snow, ice and freezing temperatures.  However, it has been almost 18 years since I have lived in the great white North, and apparently this mama has forgotten how cold, cold can be.

I was watching the temps drop and started to worry.  Did this mean I would be stuck inside all weekend too :(  Nope, it wouldn't stop us! Sunday we were going to bundle up and head to Killington for a day of adventure.

Unfortunately, that enthusiasm was short lived.

We got all ready and Rob went to start the Dodge.

No start......hmmmmm

So I, determined to get out of the house for the day, knocked on our neighbors door and asked for a jump. (So nice of him to help.  It was below zero out.)

Thirty minutes later with no charged battery we came to the sad conclusion that it was fried and would need to be replaced. This now would mean a flat bed truck taking our Dodge for the day to the only auto shop in town.

On to plan B.

Since we were already dressed for the weather. We put Max in his stroller.  Bundled him all up. Enclosed his stroller so no wind or elements could reach him, and decided to made our trek down the street to the Sugar Bush ski village.

We ended up having lunch at Timbers, followed up by a nice warm Apple Toddy.  So although the day didn't go as planned, we made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves anyway.  Even if liquor was needed to ease us into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment