Monday, August 25, 2014

Why I love my neighborhood...#345

Seriously, this neighborhood keeps getting better and better.  We have lived here now for 8 years.   During that time this area has transformed.  Historians called Pioneer Square the Skid Row of Seattle.  Where poor choices were made, and debauchery was encouraged.  Pioneer Square held this reputation for a long time.  I can recall many a story of myself as a young 21 or 31 year old making those same bad decisions.  But in the last few years we have seem more condos being built and old smelly bars (I used to frequent) being "refurbished".  

And then this little gem popped up.  Our own fancy neighborhood market.  Filled with hipster trinkets, good cheese and wine.   This is how I know Pioneer has really turned a corner.  The other only store is called Saveway, which we loving call "crackmart".  It is the type of establishment that sells chicken wings, by the wing.  A great store in a pinch, but you never knew what you would run up against.  So this place is a super nice change.  So clean, and fancy.
However, as happy as I am with all the change, crackmart will always hold a special place in my heart, but perhaps just in the daylight.








2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you lived in Pioneer Square, I had assumed you were in Belltown! Do you feel pretty safe there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually with all the new construction I do feel pretty safe. And honestly in the 8 years we have lived here I have never felt scared or anything. Odd for Skid Row huh. You guys should check it out on a date night or something. :)

      Delete