Friday, September 13, 2013

makes me smile....

Things that make me smile....

Max attends preschool across the street from the University of Washington.  A beautiful area of Seattle. When I drop him off I usually have three hours to kill (mama time), and I find myself walking the neighborhood.  For some reason it makes me happy to watch students walking to class.  Some you can tell are freshman.  I imagine the jitters they must feel.  Maybe having traveled hundreds of miles to attend this University.  Anxious about being far from home.  Missing their friends, and their sense of normalcy.  I find myself happy for them.  Happy about the experience they will have.  Their early 20's. Remembering mine.....

I know it seems like an odd thing to be happy about, but it just makes me smile.  Perhaps because that time in your life, although some days, months, years were hard as hell; shaped us.  Molded and transformed us.  It was a time when I thought anything was possible,  and the world was indeed my oyster.  And what an amazing feeling that was.


And of course I see Max in these kids.  I wonder what things he will want to conquer and explore.  Will he be motivated to change the world or maybe just his perspective?  Oh the possibilities he will have, and the places he will go.






No comments:

Post a Comment