Monday, December 2, 2013

truth...


“Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different...
C.S Lewis


Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Ours was equally as great.  Family was in town which is always nice, and I am reminded how lucky I am to have so much family, blood or otherwise. 

We made our traditional turkey that came out okay.  I feel in years past it has been better, but it went down just the same.  I did try and spice it up with some thing different. I wanted to add to our menu.  I made cauliflower Au Gratin.  I have realized now that I need to work on this recipe a little more, and maybe trying something new isn't always smart to do "the day of".  It just wasn't very ooey and gooey, and that is what I was going for. Oh well, next year.   My sister made home made organic stuffing that turned out delish.  It was a nice substitution to our regular stove top.  I'd like to get to a point where all our Thanksgiving fixin's are from scratch and not a box.  Bid dreams eh?

Ozzie, the Puggle got his traditional plate of food and laid comatose for about 2 hours afterwards.  My monster, he ate only bread and cranberry sauce.  Silly boy.

We finished our evening off with pie, wine and Korean soap operas.  For those who don't know, yes these exist and they are addicting.  They are just as cheesy as our American soaps, with the same bad acting and over exaggerated facial expressions.

It was a good day.  I felt thankful to have been surrounded by those I love.  And I am excited for the holiday season to begin!!!!!

2013


2012



1 comment: