Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A mothers work

Raising a kid is part joy and part guerrilla warfare
~Ed Asner

This weekend was a break.  A little break from real life.  
From scheduling play dates, changing diapers, meal planning, tantrums and night time feedings.

But it was also a break from my monster.
  Late night snuggles, giggles, kisses, and reading stories.

I really hadn't anticipated missing my boys so much.  Sounds a tad harsh, but I mean it in the sweetest way.  
But seriously, it took me by surprise.

 Don't get me wrong, it wasn't as I was sobbing in my mojito wishing Max was climbing all over me.  But I missed my family.
Does that make sense?

I kept seeing lil kids playing in the pool, splashing around.  I kept trying to guess their age.  I may have also walked into more than one toy store looking for something special for my monster.

Over all though, it was a must needed, much appreciated break.  I look forward to more in the future.  I think it is important to take breaks.  To just relax, refocus and recharge.  

It does a mind/body/soul good!






No comments:

Post a Comment