Tuesday, September 25, 2012

headed back to Cali!

So if you follow this blog, you know that this family travels to and fro to California twice a year.  Once for three month stint, and once for 6 weeker.  In total, (let me do the math) we live in California for 4.5 months out of the year.  Not quite half and half, but pretty damn close.

How do I feel about this arrangement? Eh, depends on the day I guess.  If the stars are aligned or if I have had my coffee or not.

I strangely do really enjoy Cali when I am there.  There is endless things to do in terms of getting out and seeing things.  One weekend we can head to LA, another weekend were in San Francisco.  We can go to the dessert or to the ocean. Its feels pretty limitless.  Its fun in that way.

The hard part? The transitioning.  I feel once I get settled back in Seattle, I am practically packing up ship to head out again.  These last three months have flown by.  Just when I feel I am finding my rhythm, buttoning up my routine.....Shazam! Time to leave.  That's how I am feeling now.

I know once I get there I will welcome it.  But right now I feel like trying to burrow my toes into the carpet in hopes of getting stuck.

And then I just CAN'T leave.



Santa Cruz

No comments:

Post a Comment