Tuesday, November 13, 2012

just a lil stroll through the hood

I have to get out of the house everyday for my sanity and the sanity of the monster.  If we stay cooped up in the house, one of us is bound to lose it.

Typically I like to have a schedule for the week so I know what to plan for.  Usually it consists of Baby Boot Camp, the library, a play date or Barnes and Noble for story time.  But some times you just don't wanna get out of your PJ's.  Today was that day.  Max slept awful last night, which means mama slept awful as well.  I was hoping/wishing for the monster to sleep in but no such luck.  My dad has a saying, wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up faster.  Profound right.  Such an eloquent sentiment.  But you get it.

He was up as the sun began to rise.  His nose covered in crusty boogers.  Yup, lil man is getting a cold. Dang it!  No wonder he didn't sleep well.

So we took it easy.  Watched a little PBS, drank some milk and chilled.  Up until about 10 when both of us starting pacing the living room.  I convinced myself that now was the time.  We threw on some clothes and headed out for a peaceful walk in the hood.  I of course grabbed my camera.

I got a few cute shots, but mostly I just chased Max around.  He wanted to touch every car.  And every car he walked up to he would say.......OHHHH WOW! CAR.

So hard to get frustrated with him when he is so excited!









6 comments:

  1. I love his outfit! That sweater is so precious.

    I hope he's feeling better today and gave you a sleeping break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u and thank u! Guess the bug is goin around. Good thing sleep is over rated :)

      Delete
  2. Great photos, and his outfit is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Outfit is from Target!!! Love it!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Off to visit you now :)

      Delete