Thursday, November 8, 2012

nom noms!

Since I don't know as many people here in California I have a lot of time on my hands.  What a better way to pass the time than cook! Or at least attempt to cook.  Its true, I have made a few boogers, as my hubby likes to call them.  But some, some have turned out pretty tasty.

Most of my recipes I find on pinterest.  There's a lot of food on there that inspires me.  This is one.  I pinned it awhile ago and then my bestie told me she made it as well.  She said they were amazing so I gave them a whirl.

Now like I stated before.  I am no baker.  More times than not, it ends up in the garbage.  Now, one might give up and come to terms with baking just not being their "thing".  Clearly I have not hit that wall just yet.  But I am getting closer.

SO-first off this recipe states to add melted butter to the cake mix. FAIL.  I added room temp butter.  Not to lose hope, I poured the whole mix in a pan and "melted it". lol

Once melted I followed the rest of the recipe.  With more attention to detail this time.

Then came the filling......now I can't remember if I added 4 or 5 cups of powered sugar.  Of course it called for 4.  I am guessing I put in 5 because it was damn sweet! Too sweet for me.  The hubby loved it though so I guess I did ok.

My advice.  Pay attention to the recipe :) and enjoy!
pinterest

And then this.  Also a pinterest jewel.  This recipe is from Giada De Laurntiis.  Heard of her?  Well she is the cutest little thing.  And how she stays so tiny while cooking meals like this, I have NO I-D-E-A.  I'm thinking it less the yoga and more likely a great plastic surgeon.  

So since I wasn't baking, I felt more comfortable making this meal.  I didn't have all the ingredient's so I improvised.  Like the mascarpone cheese.  Nope, didn't have it.  So instead, I used a little cream cheese, a little half and half and some parmesan cheese.  It came out pretty damn good! I loved it actually.  It could of been a little creamer, but for fats sake, who needed the extra poundage.......it was NOM NOM!

Give it a try!

pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am a new follower from the hop and enjoyed reading this post. If I was not working I think I would spend more time in the kitchen :) You are right though you really have to pay attention to the recipe.
    I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/anticipating-grenada.html

    ReplyDelete