Wednesday, November 28, 2012

say cheese....

I have been taking photographs for a few years now.  I really have enjoyed it.  More than I thought I would.  And now with the Monster, I find I am always shooting!

My hubby bought a Cannon Rebel xTI for his work years ago.  I of course stole it.  I even took a class two years ago to get familiar with my DLSR.  It was a pretty good class, but what I realized and what the professor emphasized is that artistry and creativity cannot be taught.  Hard to swallow at first since I don't really consider myself creative, but I knew he was right.  Thankfully it didn't sway my stubborn nature.  I still get out and challenge myself to shoot what I love.  Mostly candid shots of people I love.  Those are the easiest subjects.

This weekend a friend of mine asked if I'd be willing to take their family pictures.   I jumped at the chance.  To really expand my scope sort of speak.  It was a really cool experience.  It only lasted about 35 minutes as both of us were in a hurry and we had a busy toddler to contend with.

But I must say.  They didn't turn out to shabby.  I hope I get more opportunities like this.

Here are some from that day!

Thank you B. Family for letting me torture you with my camera!











4 comments:

  1. No, thank YOU Gina! You took beautiful photos of our family! There are SO many shots that we love! Your teacher was correct when he said that "artistry can't be taught", but lucky for you (and us), you have a good gut. It's not something to be bought or learned, it is a gift. Enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Gina! Good eye : )

    ReplyDelete