Friday, August 31, 2012

bad mama!

I think it takes great skill to manage a conversation while watching a toddler run a muck around the play yard.  This skill is something I am still trying to achieve.  It is very likely that having a conversation with me will consist of, "wait, what were we talking about?", or "what was I saying?"  This is because I am unable to fully focus on what others are saying.  This is extremely frustrating when I am actually enjoying the conversations.  Less so, when the conversation is a complete bore.

Today, I was talking with a mommy that I had only met once before.  We were doing the "get to know you" dance.  What did you do before baby... blah blah blah.  All the while, I was watching Max.  He was gleefully playing around the other children who were swinging.  That's right, swinging.  Now you know what doesn't mix?  A mama with poor conversations skills while watching a toddler and swings.  One will usually have to give.  And unfortunately today, it was Max.

Crazy thing was, I was watching him the whole time.  It was as if it was happening in S....L....O....W motion.  As I was chatting away with the mom, I see Max walk right behind a kids swinging.

BAM!

Poor Max was hit so hard by this kid's butt.  He went down hard, and immediately starting wailing.  The poor kid immediately looked up at me with a sad look on his face and said, "I am so sorry".  Poor kid, it was I who was sorry.  Bad Bad Mama!! The look of shame came across my face as I peeled Max off the floor.  "mama's sorry, mama's sorry", I whispered in his ear.

Thank god he is easily distracted.  A few minutes later he pointed to the swing un-phased and wanted to be pushed.

All was forgotten. And hopefully forgiven. Max again started laughing and giggling.

The only reminder.....The huge purple knot on the side of his head.

BAD MAMA!






No comments:

Post a Comment