Saturday, August 25, 2012

isn't that the truth...




I saw this and had to share.

Ever feel this way?

Funny how when you are younger you are in such a hurry to grow up. And why?

Freedom?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go back to high school or my early 20's if you paid me money.  All that self doubt, insecurities, and learning life's wonderful lessons.

However, what I would take back, 
Ignorance.

Ignorance can take many forms.  Political, romantical, youthful, etc  It was all bliss.  You could live in your bubble and not think of who or what it effects but how it made YOU feel.  Ignorance in being self involved was.... ok.

I am not advocating that being self involved or self absorbed is the way to go, but rather when we did live that way, how easy it was.

Now, as a grown up I constantly question my surrounding.  Who I vote for, what I sign my name too.  What I eat, what I feed my family.  Where do our resources come from and who can marry who.  Where as before, I couldn't really be bothered with it.  It didn't effect me, I was too safe in my bubble.

Although being a grown isn't always glamours, I am glad I am not as wrapped up in myself as I once was.  I now look to my monster who will live happily in his bubble, and I will remind him when he wants a taste of freedom, that being a grown up isn't all its cracked up to be.  

It's hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment