Thursday, January 24, 2013

crock pot goodness

I am not sure how I got a subscription to Family Circle, but I'll take it.  I sort of horde magazines, so why not add another to the pile.  Although FC isn't might type of go to magazine, there are some decent tidbits inside.  Like the other day. I found this recipe that looked like a contender.  Most of the ingredients were in my pantry so I decided, why the hell not.  So thank you FC!

It turned out amazing, if I do say so myself.  And that is saying a lot because some of my crock pot creations are horrid.  But I guess you can't really go wrong with a nice, juicy pork shoulder.

So for all you good people, I am will to share.  Just like Family Circle shared with me.

You are welcome :)



Tomatillo Pork Stew
makes 6 servings

2 lbs Pork Shoulder, cut into 2 inch pieces (which I didn't do)
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
2 Onions halved and sliced
4 Cloves or garlic, minced
2 Green peppers ( I used red cause that was in my fridge, and only one)
1 Jar Tomatillo salsa (I used a Verde enchilada sauce which was great, and no preservatives or crappy stuff)
2 tsp Cornmeal
3 Cups rice ( I used brown)
Sour cream optional (An absolute must for me)



Coat slow cooker in non stick cooking spray.  Place pork at bottom. Toss in oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Toss onions, peppers and garlic on top. Pour salsa evenly on top of that. Easy right?

Cover and cook on high for 6 hours, low for 8.  Stir in cornmeal during the last 15 minutes. Serve with rice.

Now like I've mentioned, I am horrible at following directions.  So in a rush, I threw all ingredients in the pot.  I didn't cut the pork, and I put the corn meal in at the beginning,  No harm no foul.  Came out great!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment